Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My Dinner with Ingy

Ingy

I had dinner with Ingy!

It was delicious! We went to Maneki in the ID. I'd heard of this restaurant from Sarah, but hadn't yet been able to go until now.

Ingy and I share the same name (his real name, my nickname) and that's how we first met each other a few years ago. He's currently living in Seattle after living in Taiwan for a while, so I got to catch up with him and see what's up. We talked about languages, betel nut stands and cos fashion.

I was feeling hungry and adventurous, so I got to try the Black Cod Collar (delicious) and the salmon egg sushi (salty-tasty, but the bursty feeling of each egg was a little disconcerting. The Avocado and Ponzu salad was totally tasty -- I've been thinking about it all day today.

2 comments:

Kaytie M. Lee said...

How fun! I've met some great people via this here Interweb. No one who shares my name, yet.

sarahheston said...

Mike leaves to Vietnam (for a year) soon. Go with him and get the sashimi plate where things are so fresh they still move. Literally.


He is to blame for that place. Banya and sashimi--they're his favorite combo.

It's so cool you met Ingy!